Science and business
We build bridges between the world of scientists, researchers and popularizers of science and the world of entrepreneurs and business.
Scientific research and R&D activities are often very expensive, time-consuming and associated with the significant risk of brining a less than satisfactory outcome. It is not easy to bring your ideas to the right people and attract investors. This is even harder for younger scientists or researchers who work far from major research centres.
The science community needs a way, and a place, to present its plans and actions which will enable scientists to show to people, in a quick and straightforward way, their ideas or work and provide them with the opportunity to obtain co-financing and attract the attention of investors.
e-Platform which connects science and business
Experts and their role
Each project launched on the ScienceShip.com Website is first verified by the Scientific Board which is comprised of experts from various fields. The Scientific Board, acting in cooperation with ScienceShip.com, guarantees:
At the same time, projects can be assessed and verified by other Experts appointed by the Service Provider to the extent and for the purposes indicated above.
Charges to the Service Provider for activities at ScienceShip.com
1) User registration is free of charge. Keeping his account on the Website is also free of charge.
2) Supporting a crowdfunding project by a User or the User’s participation in a competition does not require any payments to the Service Provider (the owner of the Website) on the part of the User.
3) The fees charged by the Service Provider for activities at the Scienceship.com Website apply to only those Users who are Organisers of a Project or a Competition.
4) The Service Provider charges fees for advertising or additional services, including in particular those provided by or carried out in cooperation with the entities which enjoy the title of Patron or Partner of Scienceship.com
5) The Service Provider itself can also be the Organiser of the crowdfunging Project in scope of e.g. development of the Website or the launch of its new features, or the promotion of Projects and Competitions.
* Please note that additional costs incurred by Project Organisers are related to handling transactions and constitute PayPal's commissions (see "Fees and payment security"), as well as are related to the preparation and delivery of Prizes as consideration.