§ 1. Introductory provisions
3. The following terms have the following meanings herein:
§ 2. General terms of Services
1. The Website or its individual functionalities and Services are provided with the use of an ICT system which allows for processing, storing, as well as receiving and sending data through telecommunication networks, in accordance with the Act on provision of services by electronic means.
2. In order to use the Website or its functionalities and Services, the User should have at least: (I) operating system: Windows 7 or newer, OS X 10.9 or higher, (ii) processor: at least 2 x 2GHx, (iii) RAM: at least 2 GB, (iv) browser: Firefox 35 or higher, Internet Explorer 9 or higher, Chrome 40 or higher, Safari 8 or higher. The User declares that he/she understands and accepts that due to technical reasons and configuration of devices which the User uses to view the Website content, some of its features may not be available to him/her.
3. The Service Provider is not responsible for the User's technical problems, in particular related to the actions of ICT service providers, which may affect the use of the Website or its individual features and Services, as well as resulting from interruption of processing, storage and receiving or sending data or its destruction arising from the actions of those service providers or the User's use of a device and browser which do not meet the requirements specified in the preceding paragraph.
§ 3. Registration
1. A User who is a Consumer is registered by way of creating a User Account on the Website. In order to create an Account, the Consumer fills in a Registration Application located on the Website at the following address: "www.scienceship.com". The Consumer enters the following Data into the Application.Data are specified in the following manner: they can be either: a) mandatory or voluntary (required or not required for the Registration); (b) modified either by the User (who registered an Account on the Website) or the Service Provider or modified by the Service Provider (on the request of a User who registered an Account on the Website); c) visible to: (i) all Visitors and Users as well as the Service Provider; (ii) only the Service Provider; (iii) the Service Provider and Organiser in the scope of the User registering for a Competition organised by the Organiser or delivering a Prize to the User who became the Competition Winner. The Data indicated by the Consumer include:
During the Registration process, the Website assigns a unique number – "Scienceship ID" to the Consumer – it is visible to the Service Provider. The Website automatically assigns information about the Projects created by the User and the Projects the User supported to the User Account.
2. A User who is an Institution is registered by way of creating a User Account on the Website. In order to create an account, the Consumer fills in a Registration Application located on the Website at the following address: "www.scienceship.com". The Institution enters the following Data into the Application. Data are specified in the following manner: they can be either: a) mandatory or voluntary (required or not required for the Registration); (b) modified either by the User (who registered an Account on the Website) or the Service Provider or modified by the Service Provider (on the request of a User who registered an Account on the Website); c) visible to: (i) all Visitors and Users as well as the Service Provider; (ii) only the Service Provider; (iii) the Service Provider and Organiser in the scope of the User registering for a Competition organised by the Organiser or delivering a Prize to the User who became the Competition Winner. Data indicated by the Institution include:
During the Registration process, the Website assigns a unique number – "Scienceship ID" to the Institution – it is visible in the Account. The Website automatically assigns information about the Projects created by the User and the Projects the User supported to the User Account.
4. Users are obliged to provide true Data and update them when needed. Full and sole responsibility for provision of false, invalid, untrue or incorrect data is borne by the User (for example the Prize can fail to reach the User if sent to the wrong address). Users declare that their data are provided voluntarily. Users declare that the Data they provided do not violate any third-party rights and are true, and in the case obtaining third-party consent to use such Data is necessary, such a consent has been obtained (e.g. to disclose the User’s place of work).
5. Users accept that the Data they provided can be made available to other Users – in the scope specified herein, as well as can be made available to third parties, in particular Visitors – in the scope specified herein.
6. After completing the Registration Application, every User receives a message containing an activation link at the e-mail address he/she provided. Upon completion of the Registration process, i.e. after the User has clicked on the activation link, an Agreement between the Service Provider and the User is concluded. Moderation before the activation link is sent can last up to 3 working days. In case the Service Provider has doubts regarding the correctness or validity of the Data provided by the User in the Registration Application, the Service Provider can contact the User, at the e-mail address, postal address or phone provided by the User in the Registration Application, to supplement, clarify or confirm/authenticate such Data, and such supplementation, clarification or confirmation/authentication of such Data can be necessary for the Registration process to be completed.
8. Users can withdraw from the Agreement without specifying a reason within 14 days from conclusion of the Agreement referred to in point 7 (sentence one), however subject to points 9 and 11, by way of submitting a declaration in electronic form (to the following e-mail address: email@example.com) or written form (to the address of the Service Provider's registered seat). The declaration can be made on a form, the template of which is available on the Website, however this form is not mandatory (a template of the withdrawal form constitutes an annex hereto). In the case of the written form, for the deadline on withdrawal from the contract to be observed, it is sufficient for the User to send the letter before the lapse of that deadline. In the case the declaration in made in electronic form, the Service Provider will send a confirmation of receipt of the declaration on withdrawal to the User at the e-mail address indicated by the User.
9. However, the right to withdraw from the Agreement shall not apply if the User is not a Consumer, and also if the Service Provider provided a Service in full, with the Consumer’s consent, before the lapse of the 14-day period, thus enabling the Consumer in particular to create an Account at the Website or to register as a Participant of a Competition or become a Competition Winner or an Organiser of a Competition which was published.
11. The Agreement can be terminated by either Party, i.e. the User or the Service Provider, with one-month's notice. A declaration on termination of the Agreement can also be sent by electronic mail. If the User organises and implements a Competition and collects applications from Participants and their Competition Tasks as the Organiser, and the Competition was created before the end of the notice period, the Agreement expires on the date the Parties have settled their accounts or on the date the Competition is concluded (whichever takes place later). The above stipulation does not exclude or limit in any way the Organiser's obligation to deliver Prizes to Competition Winners and does not exclude the Organiser's obligations regarding payment of taxes or other contributions or public charges, as well as meeting formal and legal requirements, if such obligations related to the Competition or applicable provisions of law apply to the Organiser or the place where the Competition is carried out.
§ 4. Launching a Competition
1. In order to create a Project, the User must successfully create an Account and provide Data determined as mandatory in § 3 hereof.
2. In order to create a new Competition, the User referred to in the preceding point logs in to his/her Account, from the home page of the Website or the User menu clicks on the "Add a Competition" option, and then moves on to defining that Competition and information about it (in accordance with the few indicated steps). For the Competition to be created, the information provided by the User includes the following (it is indicated which types of information is mandatory and which is optional):
The columns where the above-mentioned information (both mandatory and optional) are entered can include quantitative restrictions (e.g. a limited number of characters) or a predefined content to choose from or can allow for attaching only files with a specific file extension.
3. The Organiser is solely responsible for the content, including video files, photos and texts uploaded as part of information about the Competition and is responsible for ensuring that they do not violate third-party rights, in particular copyrights or do not constitute plagiarism and do not violate third-party personality rights.
4. The Organiser is obliged to specify the Main Prize in the Competition and can specify Additional Prizes in the Competition. The Organiser ensures and guarantees that the Prizes will be delivered to the Competition Winners. The Organiser is obliged to provide the approximate time when the Prize will be delivered to the Competition Winner, which cannot exceed 3 (three) calendar months. The deadline for delivery of Prizes is counted from the day following the time specified by the Organiser as the end of accepting applications for the Competition (End date). Sole responsibility for delivery of Prizes and the date of their delivery lies with the Organiser. The Organiser who is an entrepreneur is responsible for obligations resulting from applicable provisions of law on consumer protection in relation to Users who are Consumers participating in the Competition.
5. The Competition, containing at least the mandatory information specified in point 2 above is submitted for the Service Provider's verification by way of the Organiser pressing the "For verification" button.
7. The Service Provider refuses to deem the Competition to be positively verified and to publish it on the Website if the Service Provider, in terms of information in its possession, decides that:
8. Moderation and approval of the Competition by the Service Provider is subject to provisions hereof and is completed, with the exception of point 9 of this paragraph, by way of its publication on the Website.
9. Information about refusal to approve a Competition by the Service Provider is sent to the User electronically to the e-mail address provided by the User. The User has the right to appeal against the refusal to accept and approve the Competition in the complaint procedure mode.
10. The Competition can be implemented for a limited period of time, and Participants can register for the Competition during that period. The duration of the Competition is expressed in days and is between 20 and 90 days – this period can be reduced by the time needed for moderation and launching of the Competition by the Service Provider on the Website. It is not possible to extend the duration of the Competition.
11. A Competition shall be considered to be completed after its end date, regardless of whether Participants registered or whether they submitted Competition Tasks which met the requirements specified by the Organiser.
12. In the event a Competition is ended without Participants having registered or without Competition Tasks which met the requirements specified by the Organiser having been submitted, the User can submit this Competition on the Website once more.
13. In relation to the Competition implementation, the Organiser is obliged to pay taxes or other public levies in accordance with the applicable provisions of Polish law or law applicable to the Organiser's registered seat, applicable on the date on which the tax obligation arises – in particular with regard to tax on prizes.
§ 5. Registering to participate in a Competition
1. In order to participate in a Competition, the User who wishes to become a Participant should log in to the Website.
4. The User is not entitled to any bonus or reward for the fact or registering for the Competition or submitting a Competition Task. However, a Prize is delivered by the Organiser to the Participant who developed a Competition Task, registered for the Competition and then was selected and indicated by the Organiser as the Competition Winner. The Organiser selects and indicates the Competition Winner.
8. The Participant may – before the End date of the Competition understood as the end of submission of Participants' applications) – declare to the Organiser and request (in writing or via e-mail) that the Competition Task submitted by that Participant not be taken into account in selection of the Competition Winner, as if the Task had never been submitted. The Organiser is obliged to respect such a request.
9. The Organiser is obliged to immediately inform the Service Provider about any events which impact or may impact implementation of the Competition.Should it be impossible to deliver the Prizes specified in the Competition in particular due to declaration of bankruptcy (or proceedings of a similar nature), commencement of liquidation or the receipt of a decision on removing of the Organiser, the Organiser undertakes to immediately end the Competition or select its winners, at his/her cost and risk.
10. Should such events – including those described in point 9, second sentence – occur, the Service Provider is entitled to remove the Competition from the Website.
§ 6. Terms of using the Website
2. It is not allowed or permitted to duplicate, copy or use the contents of the Website, its logos, marks and trademarks without prior written or e-mail consent of the Service Provider. The above does not apply in a situation where the Service Provider makes the logo, designations and trademarks available to Users and determines with the principles of their use.
5. By posting image files, videos and texts or other materials, the User grants the Service Provider a non-exclusive license valid for an indefinite period and without territorial restrictions, to use, record, duplicate, perform in public, display, reproduce and make available in a way accessible to anyone in a freely selected place and time. The licence agreement referred to in the preceding sentence may be terminated after five years of its conclusion with a two-year notice, at the end of the calendar year. The User in not entitled to any remuneration for this licence.
6. The User is obliged to refrain from taking actions which would prevent or hinder the Website's operation or would impede its correct functioning to the User, the Service Provider or other Users.
7. The User is obliged not to upload (in any part of the Website) any content which is vulgar, racist, violates morality, applicable provisions of law or third-party rights.
8. The User agrees not to send marketing messages to other Users, in particular messages constituting unsolicited commercial information within the meaning of the Act on provision of electronic services.
9. The Service Provider can send messages to and receive messages from Users within the Website. The User agrees to receiving information from the Service Provider concerning technical interruptions or difficulties in the Website's operation, regarding e.g. a failure of servers, links or other technical issues or failures due to force majeure, as well as other information related to the functioning of the Website, in particular concerning Additional Options (name) and messages regarding the complaint procedure, as well as the User's meeting of obligations resulting hereof, the Competition Terms or Competition implementation.
§ 7. Disabling or deleting the User Account
4. In cases indicated in this paragraph the User has the right to an appeal, which is examined in the complaint procedure specified herein.
§ 8. Operating of the Website and liability
1. The Service Provider reserves the right to temporarily turn off or limit the operation of the Service at its own convenience in order to perform an update, conduct a technical review, verify the solutions used, ensure maintenance or upgrades. The Service Provider will inform the Users about the plans to turn off or limit the operation of Website by posting information about that fact on the Website.
2. The Service Provider reserves the right to sell or transfer any rights to the Website, as well as the right to restrict its operation or close down or discontinue provision of Services in part or in whole, without giving notice to the User.
3. The Service Provider is not liable for the content or the form of Data or any other information, including information about the Competition, posted by Users on the Website.
7. The Service Provider does not supervise the execution and timely implementation of the Competitions posted on the Website or the features of the Prizes, or the rules and date of their delivery, and has no liability in this regard. The Service Provider is an entity which provides Users who are Organisers with the Website to carry out Competitions and obtain applications ad Competition Tasks, whereas the Service Provider is not a party to liabilities arising between the Participants and the Organiser. The Participant and the Organiser understand and accept the above conditions.
8. The Service Provider is not liable for the safety and effectiveness of payment transactions made via electronic transfers or online payment services. Users should report any comments or concerns associated with the operation of payment transactions (transfers or online payment service) directly to the operator of electronic transfers or payment system provider.
9. The Service Provider shall not be and cannot be held responsible for the failure of a User or Users acting as an Organiser to meet any obligations (related to providing information, settlements or taxes, public levies or other such public obligations). The Service Provider is not liable for the Organisers' obligations towards Participants or Competition Winners.
§ 9. Complaints
1. Any objections or comments related to the functioning of the Website, as well as appeals or requests indicated directly herein must be submitted by way of sending a complaint application to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. A complaint will be examined if all the following conditions have been met:
3. Complaints are examined within 14 (say: fourteen) days of their receipt by the Service Provider. In case the complaint includes unclear content or phrases or is incomplete, the Service Provider has the right to call upon the User to, respectively: explain, clarify or supplement the content of the complaint within 7 (say: seven) days; if the call remains unanswered, the complaint will not be examined.
The deadline referred to in the first sentence of this point within which the Service Provider is to examine the claim, is counted from the date on which the User, having been called upon by the Service Provider, provided an explanation or a clarification or supplemented the compliant.
4. The Service Provider sends the answer and decision regarding the complaint to the User's e-mail address.
§ 10. Options
1. Options, i.e. solutions regarding providing financial support or other forms of support for Competitions or Organisers, can be created by the Service Provider at its own discretion. Options can be either permanent or temporary. Options are designated as "Option (name)".Options can be implemented in cooperation with third parties.
2. The Service Provider can mark Competitions on the Website which are subject to an Option, including by using a special graphic designation.
§ 11. Out-of-court means of resolving disputes
1. In accordance with Article 36 of the Act of 15 December 2000 on Trade Inspection, a User with a consumer status is entitled to submit a request to the Regional Trade Inspector to initiate mediation proceedings on the amicable settlement of a dispute between the User and Service Provider. Information on the rules and mode of mediation proceedings conducted by the Regional Trade Inspector is available in Regional Trade Inspection Offices and on their websites.
2. A User with consumer status is entitled to submit an application to the permanent consumer court of arbitration referred to in Article 37 of the Act of 15 December 2000 on Trade Inspection, requesting settlement of a dispute arising from the concluded Agreement. Rules of organisation and operation of permanent consumer courts of arbitration are specified by the Regulation of the Minister of Justice of 25 September 2001 on determination of the rules of organisation and operation of permanent consumer courts of arbitration.
3. A User with consumer status is entitled to obtain free-of-charge assistance in settlement of a dispute between the User and the Service Provider by using free-of-charge assistance of the poviat (municipal) consumer ombudsman or social organisation whose statutory tasks include consumer protection (i.a. Consumer Federation, Association of Polish Consumers).
Detailed information on availability of possibilities for a User with consumer status to use out-of-court means of examining and pursuing claims and rules of access to such procedures are available in seats and websites of poviat (municipal) consumer ombudsmen, Regional Trade Inspectors and under the following webpages of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection
§ 12. Final provisions
6. Annex: declaration of withdrawal from the Agreement.
Signovis Sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warszawa, at ul. Pory 78, 02-757 Warszawa, entered into the register of entrepreneurs maintained by the District Court in Warsaw, 13th Economic Division of the National Court Register under KRS 0000474282; NIP: 5213654188, REGON: 14 68 49 067, share capital PLN 20,000.00, email address: email@example.com
- I/We*) hereby wish to inform you (*) about my/our withdrawal from the agreement on the sale of the following things(*) agreement on the supply of the following things(*) specific task consisting in the preparation of the following things(*)/agreement on the provision of the following service(*)
- Date on which the agreement was concluded(*)/date of receipt(*):
- Name and surname of the consumer(s):
- Address of the consumer(s):
- Signature of the consumer(s) (only if the declaration is sent in paper form)
(*) Delete as appropriate.
The PDF version of an Annex can be downloaded from this link:
TEMPLATE OF A DECLARATION ON WITHDRAWAL FROM THE AGREEMENT - ScienceShip.com.pdf